Napoleonic, WSS & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Wednesday 19 December 2012

Hooptedoodle #73 - Vintage Tommy Emmanuel

Something which cheered up my cold Winter morning. Here's an ancient clip of Tommy Emmanuel - entertainer, supreme musician and general hero. Tommy has been a marvellous ambassador for "proper" guitar playing and - I guess - for Australia over the years.

I'd forgotten about this track, but came across it again yesterday. His electric work is largely overlooked now - this is Who Dares Wins from 1991. If you can bring yourself to avoid being distracted by the red suit and the contemporary styling, this is still pretty damn good. Please enjoy a master at work.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice. His sound and style remind me a little of Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour (one of my all time favourite guitarists)

    ReplyDelete