Napoleonic & ECW wargaming, with a load of old Hooptedoodle on this & that


Thursday 27 August 2015

New Toy Shop

Well, hardly new, I think - but new to me. In addition to my terrible addiction to exotic dice, I also love good quality games equipment - counters, markers, all that.

Wooden counters and playing pieces, all shapes, sizes & colours
For the last few weeks I've been trawling around eBay looking for some suitable identifying markers - to denote brigade allocations and for various other purposes for my wargames. Nothing looked quite the right size, and the cheap tiddlywinks and stuff just looked shoddy - and there are never enough colours.

Today I think I hit the right spot - if you don't know them, this is www.spielmaterial.de - Harald Mücke, of Mönchengladbach. They have counters, playing pieces, terrain tiles for popular games, expansion bits for Carcassonne, traditional kids' toys... - recommend you have a look around the site, using this link, if you're interested in bits and pieces of this type.

Tonight I've ordered a stack of 8mm wooden cubes, just to stick a toe in the water - 10 each of 16 colours. 8mm cubes are small enough to be neat and tidy, but big enough to stay put and capable of being picked up by my elephant's-feet fingers.

The website is crisp and bright and logical and friendly, and they take PayPal. Oh - and their prices are good too.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm... you could use a dice cage to keep them with the unit as well.... something like this...

    http://war-bases.co.uk/ACCESSORIES/GAMING-AIDS?product_id=529&limit=100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor, they make a die for me: -1 / 0 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 4. No 6's and I can even score less than one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth looking em4miniatures http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/Accessories_and_Dice.html

    Doug is a long time wargamer - used to run a model shop I used in Liverpool back in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made love for em4, been using them for years for my dice and counter needs. Even all the way from Oz the range and price is worth the (extremely modest) postage.

      Delete
    2. Obviously I meant "mad love" for em4. I shouldn't want anyone to think the phrase "dice fetish" was anything more than a metaphor!

      Delete